10.22.2014

Wednesday Window to the World #14



This Week:

What: Rainbow at Sunset

Why: Who doesn't like photos of rainbows?  Okay, I'm sure some people may feel they are cliche, but I have a hard time NOT taking a photo of one in the occasional chance that one may show itself.  I was just so fortunate to look out my balcony window at just the right moment, and get this one while the light was amazing!  Maybe next week I can get a photo of a unicorn to match! 

When: October 15, 2014.

Where: Clary's Forest, Columbia, MD 

Who: Only a leprechaun with a pot of gold to be hopefully seen to the left of the photo. 

How: I had to switch to my kit lens and dial the zoom all the way back to 14mm to get the arc of the rainbow within the shot.  I actually mounted this to my rarely used Oympus PEN E-PL2.  Shot at f/5.6 to give some latitude in sharpness. ISO 200 at 1/30second.

Raw image was imported into Photoshop and I gave modest bumps in contrast and vibrance to yield an ample amount of contrast between the rainbow and the clouds behind.  I tried a few of the "auto" features, but undid each one as they neutralized the image of the golden glow which was actually present when the image was shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment