6.22.2015

Kodachrome Classic Monday #45

Every Monday, I'll be spotlighting a different classic Kodachrome slide that I've picked up, and trying where I can to detail the who, what, when, where, why, and how (much) of the image:

This Week:


What: Pedestrian Pedestrian Scene.

Why: It's the kind of shot I wish I would find more of when I buy old estate lots of slides on occasion.  There is nothing "special" about the composition of this photograph from an artistic standpoint, yet it manages to tell more of a story than some of the most artistic photos taken in the same era.           

When: According to the mounts, this was taken early in 1958.  

Where: West Palm Beach, FL. There is the nice bit of help from the billboard to start off and give the general location, and a few minutes of digging reveals the present day location to be intact enough to the original scene to confirm the location, particularly the building on which the indicative billboard is mounted. While the street landscaping looks a lot nicer today, the overall scene looked a bit more welcoming in the vintage view.     


Who: The pedestrians in the scene are lost to history.      

How (much): I picked up the entire lot of over 100 slides for just $15.00, and this was one of the neater ones.  I've also featured a number of shots from this same batch on this great article here!  


No comments:

Post a Comment