11.10.2014

Classic Kodachrome Monday #19


Every Monday, I'll be spotlighting a different classic Kodachrome slide that I've picked up, and trying where I can to detail the who, what, when, where, why, and how (much) of the image:

This Week:

What: Street Scene with a Double Decker Bus.


Why: I'd expect that about 95% of the weekly Kodachrome postings will cover domestic settings, but there will be the occasional posting that elects to journey outside the North American Continent, including across the pond.  Given that one of the more famous early Kodachrome slides I've seen depicts London's Picadilly Circus, I elected to throw my hat in the ring for a vibrant shot of this famous London crossroads and scored it! 

When: Estimated to be Summer of 1957, judging by the style of red border mount.

Where: London, UK. TBeing unfamiliar with the actual location, I couldn't instantly pick out the location, through in looking on Google, it appears to be Regent Street looking towards the famous junction. 


View Larger Map



Who: Unknown who the Londoners in the photo are.      

How (much): Picked up for $4.90 on ebay.  Scored for opening bid!

No comments:

Post a Comment