10.08.2014

Wednesday Window to the World #12


This Week:

What: Street Scene

Why: I can be very guilty of hypocrisy.  I all too often bemoan how tough it is to find a vintage typical street scene shot of areas that were all too commonly seen, and yet I will visit a town I have never seen before and not take a single representative street shot to show the lay of the land.  I have actually done this misdeed more recently than I care to admit. Fortunately, I caught myself on this trip through Virginia, and while I acquired a range of lovely shots taken in and around the Shenandoah mountains as Fall began to approach, I'm choosing to spotlight this simple, yet colorful street scene photo as indicative of my own desire to modify this behavior.    

When: October 4, 2014.

Where: East Beverley Street, Staunton VA 

Who: I do wish in hindsight that the people out and about on this Saturday morning were more prominent in the image. 

How: Continuing with my desire to use a broader swath of my manual focus lens collection, I shot this on my Olympus Pen E-PM2 with 35mm Konica-AR 2.0, F/8 at 1/640 of a second - ISO 200.   

Raw image was imported into Photoshop and I gave gentle bumps in saturation and vibrance to the image.  I elected to keep the nearside of the street in shadow to draw the eyes across the range of storefronts on the opposite side. 

NOTE: Not at all the reason for my trip, but very much worth checking out if you are ever in the Staunton area, is the Camera Heritage Museum.  An absolute wealth of interesting devices!  

1 comment:

  1. It certainly is the ram on the network. afoot on abnormal persona's deeds. I contemplate it turned away a colossal vulnerable, more I has nay been stubborn to slander that, or possibly anyone. super 8 to digital

    ReplyDelete