7.30.2014

Wednesday Window to the World #2


Here's a good way to keep the rust off! 

Since I'm spotlighting collected historical color photos each Monday, it seemed only fitting to complement this feature with a present day color photo of my own each Thursday.  Just as with the collected photos, I'll detail the Who/What/When/Where/Why and technical How from each image:

This Week:

What: Restaurant entrance at Twilight.


Why: I've been definitely wanting the presence of more people in my images, not necessarily as the center of focus, but rather to add context and lend a sense of both humanity and intimacy to my images. Ironically, when I was lining up the image here, I was mainly trying to frame the warm colors in the interior of the restaurant with that of the sign, when suddenly the party appeared in the doorway.  I snapped off this one shot just as the one young lady proffered up a quizzical expression.  The result to me is an image that feels warm and comfortable.    

When: July 29, 2014.

Where: Sushi Sono Restaurant off of Lake Kittamaqundi in Columbia, MD.   

Who: I'm have no idea who the happy diners are.   

How: Olympus Pen E-PM2 with Helios 44-2 58mm lens. f/2 aperture at 1/60 shutter speed at ISO 800.

No comments:

Post a Comment