10.01.2014

Wednesday Window to the World #11


This Week:

What: Overcast Day at the Lake

Why: I realized I have a lot of glass sitting on shelf that I haven't really given a good work out yet, so I'm taking it upon myself to take each week's photo with a new lens that hasn't really been used yet.  It seemed only logical to start with the widest focal length to start, so I mounted up the Promaster 24mm and decided to do something for which it was never really designed, shallow depth of field.  I shot it wide open at f/2.8 at attempted a fairly close focus to manage to soften the out of focus areas significantly.  Interestingly, the lens pulls of a good bokeh and painterly strokes, something an ultra-wide angle lens is not typically known for.  I also wanted to do a little bit of selective color toying Photoshop, and this shot gave me a decent opportunity to do so.  

When: September 29, 2014.

Where: Lake Kittamaqundi, Columbia MD  

Who: A few photo shy ducks and geese only. 

How: Olympus Pen E-PM2 with 24mm Promaster MC, F/2.8 at 1/1000 of a second - ISO 400.   

Raw image was imported into Photoshop and I gave bumps in saturation to the yellow and purple hues while downplaying saturation on all other hues.  

1 comment:

  1. This inflection with this manuscript is very are at odds of. It is acrimonious to most fiduciarys exactly who sphere always be righteous, nevertheless anything heckles may narrate on their motivate peppys. super 8 to digital

    ReplyDelete