10.01.2014

Wednesday Window to the World #11


This Week:

What: Overcast Day at the Lake

Why: I realized I have a lot of glass sitting on shelf that I haven't really given a good work out yet, so I'm taking it upon myself to take each week's photo with a new lens that hasn't really been used yet.  It seemed only logical to start with the widest focal length to start, so I mounted up the Promaster 24mm and decided to do something for which it was never really designed, shallow depth of field.  I shot it wide open at f/2.8 at attempted a fairly close focus to manage to soften the out of focus areas significantly.  Interestingly, the lens pulls of a good bokeh and painterly strokes, something an ultra-wide angle lens is not typically known for.  I also wanted to do a little bit of selective color toying Photoshop, and this shot gave me a decent opportunity to do so.  

When: September 29, 2014.

Where: Lake Kittamaqundi, Columbia MD  

Who: A few photo shy ducks and geese only. 

How: Olympus Pen E-PM2 with 24mm Promaster MC, F/2.8 at 1/1000 of a second - ISO 400.   

Raw image was imported into Photoshop and I gave bumps in saturation to the yellow and purple hues while downplaying saturation on all other hues.