3.28.2016

Classic Kodachrome Monday #82

Every Monday, I'll be spotlighting a different classic Kodachrome slide that I've picked up, and trying where I can to detail the who, what, when, where, why, and how (much) of the image:

This Week:

What: Photo Time


Why: As someone who is not only a Kodachrome and history buff but also a vintage camera buff, this image is particularly interesting, as it highlights my favorite of hobbies in multiple ways.  One wonders just what there was to see on the other side of those doors!

When: Well, I'm going to hazard a guess that this is from 1957 - just a hunch!  :) Actually, I think this is from around September of that year.

Where:  Washington DC. The exposition was held this year at the DC Armory off East Capitol Street.  This view looks South from a lot near East Capitol Street towards the boldly decorated armory.  



Who: Despite the buzzworthy event, it seems everyone is inside. 
  
How (much): One of a batch of about 100 slides I got for just over $10.  This wasn't even the best of the batch, and others will be following in time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment