12.07.2015

Classic Kodachrome Monday #67

Every Monday, I'll be spotlighting a different classic Kodachrome slide that I've picked up, and trying where I can to detail the who, what, when, where, why, and how (much) of the image:

This Week:

What: Posing

Why: It's off center, contrasty, and has some other technical issues, yet still I really like it. Though little more than a simple posed snap shot, this image is swimming with period elements, perhaps the most interesting of which is the industrial art deco bridge in the backdrop.  

When: Based on others in the group, this likely was taken in the winter of 1946 or 1947.  

Where: Chicago, IL. This much I had help with based upon the seller listing, but pinpointing this would take a bit more.  Thankfully I knew enough about Chicago to have a good hunch where a bridge of this significant of a build might be located, and after some searching along the streets intersecting the Lake Shore Drive, I derived a location that was none other than Fullerton Avenue looking east towards Lake Michigan with the Drive in the backdrop.


Who: I find it a little unfortunate when a photo that I get that is definitely to be OF someone has no identification of who that person is.  Such is the case here, as I have no idea who the woman pictured may be.   

How (much): One of a batch of 9 shots I picked up in a lot for #6.99.  To me, this is the best of the batch, offering an interesting look at immediate Postwar America.  

No comments:

Post a Comment