6.08.2015

Kodachrome Classic Monday #43

Every Monday, I'll be spotlighting a different classic Kodachrome slide that I've picked up, and trying where I can to detail the who, what, when, where, why, and how (much) of the image:

This Week:

What: Road Trip Woes.

Why: Too soon?  I would hope that enough time has elapsed from the time this shot was taken that any grief encountered is now remembered with amusement.  This shot tends to remind me of the Lucy and Desi film "The Long, Long Trailer" with the outcome shown here, and definitely conveys an interesting story, while raising a few questions that will go unanswered.          

When: The photo came in an undated non-Kodak mount, but the seller's listing dates it to about 1965, which seems to generally fit the clothing styles visible.  

Where: Minnesota. That's it.  That's all I know, and that much is based upon the seller's listing.  There is very little in the way of visual clues to pinpoint the location the way I typically have a knack of doing, so I can't even try to guess.     

Who: I have no idea who the frazzled couple is bemoaning their misfortune in seeing their 1957 Chevy Wagon turned entirely upside down.       

How (much): The shot was part of a trio that I picked up from ebay for $9.99.  The rest of the shots rounding out the trio are below. 




No comments:

Post a Comment