2.02.2015

Kodachrome Classic Monday #31

Every Monday, I'll be spotlighting a different classic Kodachrome slide that I've picked up, and trying where I can to detail the who, what, when, where, why, and how (much) of the image:

This Week:

What: Neighborhood after a snowfall.

Why: It is blurry, and drably lit, but this little slice of urbanity really does embody the feel of being out amid a dense neighborhood on a chilly day after a light snowfall.  I recognized the style of street sign, and had a pretty good inkling of where this was located, so it gave me confidence that I could discern the location.  The neighborhood seems to be doing pretty nicely these days.     

When: Likely sometime around 1957 based on the style of slide mount.  

Where: Brooklyn, NY. Obviously, the big clue is the street sign.  The street sign is a telltale New York City style humpback sign, and it is readily legible in the photo.  It took only a modest amount of searching to discern the exact location to be in the borough of Brooklyn. 


View Larger Map

Who: Despite the density of New York, the autos appear mostly anonymous, and only a single pedestrian can be spotted.!      

How (much): I picked up this for $4.99 on ebay. 



No comments:

Post a Comment