1.26.2015

Kodachrome Classic Monday #30

Every Monday, I'll be spotlighting a different classic Kodachrome slide that I've picked up, and trying where I can to detail the who, what, when, where, why, and how (much) of the image:

This Week:

What: A Winter Parade.

Why: Understandably, cameras don't make a lot of appearances in cold weather months. The shots that I have picked up here and there have been definitely biased towards warmer weather months and locales. And aside from the December holidays, parades are also in very short supply in the winter months.  Thus, this image of a January parade in cold weather climates was definitely an eye opener for me.  

When: January 30, 1954, as written on the mount.  

Where: St. Paul, MN. Of all the places I can picture a parade making "sense" in the winter, the snowy depths of Minnesota would be among the last of them.  Still, the hearty folks among the Twin Cities do just this each year in their Winter Carnival, which has quite a bit of lore to it to make the winter months a little fun!  


View Larger Map

Who: Well, we know the Ford Dealers had a float!      

How (much): I picked up this and a few others for a total of $4.99 on ebay.  A few other bonus shots of this icy parade are shown below. 



No comments:

Post a Comment