9.10.2014

Wednesday Window to the World #8




This Week:

What: Neon lit street scene


Why: I got an assignment!  Ok, not quite a PAID assignment, but rather the interest of a certain picture of the local area from a friend who is 500 miles away.  
 The "assignment?" A photo of "glasphalt" at night, bringing out its "sparkly" qualities.  While taking some time to grab some pavement-centric photos, I was also able to get a photo of one of the very few "retro" themed modern places that is pretty much spot on for realism, the Lost City Diner.  I had completely forgotten about this as a photo subject until I saw it!  The signature Charles Theater sits cooly in the backdrop, while some of the signature glasphalt sparkles in the foreground. 

When: September 7, 2014.

Where: Baltimore, MD   

Who: The rather odd man near the tree at left did ask me to take his photo, but I respectfully declined. 

How: Olympus Pen E-PM2 with 14-42 Kit Lens zoomed to 16mm, F/3.6 at 1/10 of a second - ISO 800.   

Raw image was imported into Photoshop and I did a little bit of manipulation to increase contrast and bring out the highlights, while improving clarity and vibrance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment